News & Events
The Graduate School of Language and Society is now accepting applications for two full-time faculty positions. Application documents must be submitted no later than April 21, 2023. The starting date will be April 1, 2024. Please refer to the information page in JREC-IN for further details.
Number of positions
|Lecturer (full-time) level
We will accept as applicants
- those who specialize in (a) East Asian literature and culture (especially, Chinese literature) or (b) European literature and philosophy and are able to teach postgraduate courses on the current curriculum OR
- those who, regardless of the disciplines above, have innovative interdisciplinary achievements and are able to cope with a great diversity of academic interests of our students.
|Courses to be taught
- Postgraduate: lectures, seminars, etc.
- Undergraduate: foreign language classes, lectures, seminars, etc.
- Hold a doctoral degree or equivalent qualification/ measure of academic expertise
- Acquire sufficient Japanese proficiency for general administrative tasks (regardless of nationality)
- Have at least one publication in Japanese
- Be able to supervise research at PhD level
- Be eager to engage in international academic activities and promising at publishing papers in some foreign language (especially, English)
- It is desirable to be proficient in a foreign language (e.g., Chinese, Korean, German, or French among others) and able to teach foreign language classes for under/ postgraduates. (This is not an essential qualification for applicants whose specialty foreign languages are not relevant to.)
- Curriculum vitae
- List of educational and research achievements
- Certificate of highest diploma
- Three major publications and a Japanese summary of them
- The questionnaire completed